>Saturday, 14 MARCH 2020 – General Membership Meeting
MEETING LOCATION: LEESBURG CENTER FOR THE ARTS
429 WEST MAGNOLIA STREET, LEESBURG
50/50 - See Glenda with a few one-dollar bills!
10:00 a.m. - Welcome new members and guests – Shari Williams, Vice President
Don’t forget to sign the sign-in sheet.
Treasurer’s Report - Shari Williams for Sharon Yutzy
Secretary’s Report - Carol Bertino: Approval of February 2020 meeting minutes.
Vice President’s Corner - Shari Williams: What’s happening in your world?
Receive any awards? Have any sales? Accepted into any juried exhibits? Write your info down
and give it to Secretary Carol Bertino if you want your info in the minutes.
♦ Plan to visit the Leesburg Art Festival after the PSCF Meeting
♦ APRIL 11 MEETING: PORTRAIT DEMO and MINI-WORKSHOP Introduction to Portrait Drawing with Deborah Shelley. If you ever wanted to try portraiture, this mini workshop will get you started. Deborah will share basics for facial proportions, techniques for drawing and painting facial features, tips gleaned from other portrait workshops, and we will have a live model! See attached Info Flier, Materials List, and Registration.
♦If you live in Seminole or Orange County and are not attending our PSCF meeting or the Art Festival today, please visit Deborah at Volunteer Wekiva at Wilson’s Landing on the Wekiva River. Take some pictures for future paintings, paint Plein Air, or see what’s happening on the river. From I/4, Wilson’s Landing entrance is on the left just before the bridge over the Wekiva.
♦ Taking images NOW for the Casselberry and Tavares exhibit posters, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org with CORRECT filename format.
FILENAME FORMAT: Last name First name Title of Painting
Drop off/Take Down for Casselberry TBD, June 2020
♦ MEMBERSHIP DUES are due. Please give your 2020 dues to Membership Chair, Linda Hansee. If you plan to enter ANY of our three exhibits in 2020, please pay your membership dues ahead of time to make accounting easier for everyone. Dues are now late.
♦ NEW EMAIL ADDRESS FOR PSCF: Hopefully everyone is getting the Agendas, Workshops and Exhibit info, and other general interest emails from: email@example.com Please allow this sender into your email.
♦ Announcements from Members
♦Anything else for the good of the order
♦ 50/50 Drawing
PROGRAM – Please see Page 2
Also see Page 3, FYI about upcoming happenings.
MEMBERS SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW!
And SHOW and SHARE!
Moderated by Shari Williams and Carol Bertino.
Write your topic on a piece of paper let Carol or Shari know.
You’ll be called when it’s your turn.
• Let’s learn from each other!!
• Share the name of a favorite book, DVD or YouTube video.
• Let everyone know why you like a famous artist or author.
• Do you follow anyone’s pastel blog?
• Tell about, or show, your favorite paper, home-made support, pastel brand, pencils or other tools that you find helpful.
• Do you use fixative...if so, what brand do you recommend?
• Can you recommend a particular easel brand?
• Do you recommend any particular vendor for supplies?
• Do you recommend a local framer we might patronize?
• Have a recommendation for an online supplier of frames?
• Do you have a unique painting technique you can share?
• Do a quick demonstration of a technique – Donna Tweedle will demonstrate her quick method for transferring a drawing to a painting surface.
• Share photos of your studio set up.
• SHARE WHAT YOU KNOW!
SHOW and SHARE
Bring in one or two of your latest creations,
or something that has been laying around for years!
We hope everyone will share one or more tips
or a painting with the group.
Then go enjoy the art festival,
Lunch, and support your fellow artists!
PAGE 3 *** FYI*** FYI*** FYI*** Just so you know upcoming happenings.
Workshops - APRIL 11 MINI WORKSHOP, 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
INTRODUCTION TO PORTRAIT DRAWING - See attached Info Flier and Registration.
VERIFYING CORRECT DATES FOR OCTOBER WORKSHOP More info to follow, SORRY operator error!!!
♦ October 2020 - Christine Swann, two 2-day workshops or one 4-day.
Demo at regular monthly meeting on Oct 10. Workshop Topics: Power of Pastel/Still Life; Law of Light and the Figure/Portrait. Get on the list NOW. Let Deborah know. More info to follow.
THREE Exhibits in 2020 NOTE: NEW DATES FOR TAVARES LIVNG WATERS (not in April)
All 2020 exhibit posters will have 10th Anniversary announcement.
♦ May, June, July 2020 - Living Waters and the Florida Landscape, Tavares, City Hall, downtown Tavares.
• Exhibit Registration due Saturday April 11, 2020 (regular meeting day)
• Dates below suggested by City, if amenable to hanging team.
• DROP OFF FRIDAY MAY 1 – 11 AM - noon
• RECEPTION FRIDAY MAY 29, 2020 - Reception, including food and musician sponsored by the city of Tavares. Opportunity for 10th Anniversary Celebration. More Champagne and cake!!
• TAKE DOWN Friday JULY 31 11AM - noon
♦ June 1 to June 30, 2020 - Casselberry Art House, Casselberry (south of Sanford). 20% commission on sales.
• Workshop or demo by Orit Reuben DATE_________________
• Reception Friday June 12 with the City Second Friday event – 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Well attended.
• Opportunity for 10th Anniversary Celebration. More Champagne and cake!!
• DROP OFF/TAKE DOWN dates TBD, should know ASAP.
♦ November 2020 – LCFA. Exact dates TBD.
2019/2020 Board – Terms End May 30, 2020
President – Deborah Shelley Vice President – Shari Williams Secretary – Carol Bertino
Treasurer – Sharon Yutzy At Large - (appointed by President after elections, as per By Laws)
♦ Program Committee – Donna Tweedle and Carol Bertino
♦ Membership Chair - Linda Hansee firstname.lastname@example.org
♦ Exhibit Committee:
Forms, budget, poster (coordinate with graphic designer); registrations Deborah UNTIL DECEMBER 2020
Budget, receive registrations - Sharon:
Sponsors - Kay D, Lorelei
Type up exhibit cards Linda H: WE WILL NEED SOMEONE LOCAL TO HELP PRINT EXHIBIT CARDS
Hang Exhibit - Sharon, Dale, Suzanne, Lorelei:
♦ Workshop Committee: Deborah Until DEC 2020 Forms, flier, contract, assist with budget.
Sharon: Budget, receive registrations. Donna: Home host as needed.
NOTE: We are covered for workshops until November 2020 but could start planning now, instructors are booking for 2021.
♦ Website Admin – Sharri Williams; Sherese Mesko ShereseG@aol.com
♦ Facebook Admin – Sherese Mesko
“Art is not a matter of what you see, but what you make other people see.” Edgar Degas
DON’T FORGET: SPAM ALERT – some members are getting SPAM emails that appear to be from other PSCF members. Do not respond to any short emails that ask: “Are you are in town” or “Can you call me right now” or “Can you help me.” Be wary and suspicious!