Hello PSCF Members and Friends,
There is one opening in the Marla Baggetta Workshop this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
Attached are this Saturday’s Agenda and January Minutes.
MARLA BAGGETTA DEMO this Saturday!! Plan to Attend!!
From now on all correspondence for PSCF will come from the email address: pastelsocietyofcentralflorida.com - PLEASE add this address to your address book and allow emails from the address.
Bring your Membership Dues if you are not up to date. THANKS!
See you Saturday,
Deborah and Shari
Saturday, 08 February 2020 – General Membership Meeting
MEETING LOCATION: LEESBURG CENTER FOR THE ARTS
429 WEST MAGNOLIA STREET, LEESBURG
MARLA BAGGETTA DEMO!!
50/50 - See Glenda with a few one dollar bills!
10:00 a.m. - Welcome new members and guests - Deborah Shelley, President
Treasurer’s Report - Sharon Yutzy
Secretary’s Report - Carol Bertino: Approval of January 2020 meeting minutes.
Vice President’s Corner - Shari Williams: What’s happening in your world?
Receive any awards? Have any sales? Accepted into any juried exhibits?
Please write your info down and give it to Secretary Carol Bertino if you want your info
in the minutes.
* MEMBERSHIP DUES are due now. Please give your 2020 dues to Membership Chair, Linda Hansee. If you plan to enter ANY of our three exhibits in 2020, please pay your membership dues ahead of time (DUE NOW) to make accounting easier for everyone. We have enough work to do for exhibits!
* Dates for 2020 Exhibits and Workshops are on Page 2 of this agenda (and all subsequent agendas) NOTE CHANGE OF DATES FOR TAVARES LIVING WATERS EXHIBIT
* Drop off/Take Down for Casselberry TBD
* SPAM ALERT – some members are getting SPAM emails that appear to be from other PSCF members. Do not respond to any short emails that ask: “Are you are in town” or “Can you call me right now” or “Can you help me.” Be wary and suspicious!
* NEW EMAIL ADDRESS FOR PSCF: Agendas, Workshops and Exhibit info, and other general interest emails will now come from: firstname.lastname@example.org Please allow this sender into your email.
* Announcements from Members
* 50/50 Drawing
PROGRAM 10:30 a.m. – DEMO by MARLA BAGGETTA
****SHORT BOARD MEETING AFTER MEMBERSHIP MEETING***
Status: Sponsors for Upcoming 2020 Exhibits
Exhibit Registration Master Blank
PAGE 2 *** FYI*** FYI*** FYI*** Just so you know upcoming happenings.
- October 7-10, 2020 - Christine Swann, two 2-day workshops or one 4-day. Demo at regular monthly meeting on Oct 10. Workshop Topics: Power of Pastel/Still Life; Law of Light and the Figure/Portrait.
Get on the list NOW. More info to follow.
THREE Exhibits in 2020 NOTE: NEW DATES FOR TAVARES LIVNG WATERS (not in April)
All 2020 exhibit posters will have 10th Anniversary announcement.
- May, June, July 2020 - 3 months!! Living Waters and the Florida Landscape, Tavares, City Hall, downtown Tavares.
Exhibit Registration due Saturday April 11, 2020 (regular meeting day)
Dates below suggested by City, if amenable to hanging team.
DROP OFF FRIDAY MAY 1 – 11 AM - noon
RECEPTION FRIDAY MAY 29, 2020 - Reception, including food and musician sponsored by the city of Tavares. Opportunity for 10th Anniversary Celebration. More Champagne and cake!!
TAKE DOWN Friday JULY 31 11AM - noon
- June 1 to June 30, 2020 - Casselberry Art House, Casselberry (south of Sanford). 20% commission on sales.
Need artists and painting info by early February, 3 months prior to the exhibit.
Workshop or demo by Orit Reuben DATE_________________
Reception Friday June 12 with the City Second Friday event – 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Well attended.
Opportunity for 10th Anniversary Celebration. More Champagne and cake!!
DROP OFF/TAKE DOWN dates TBD, should know at March meeting.
- November 2020 – LCFA. Exact dates TBD.
2019/2020 Board – Terms End May 30, 2020
President – Deborah Shelley Vice President – Shari Williams
Secretary – Carol Bertino Treasurer – Sharon Yutzy
At Large - (appointed by President after elections, as per Bylaws)
- Program Committee – Donna Tweedle and Carol Bertino
- Membership Chair - Linda Hansee email@example.com
- Exhibit Committee:
Forms, budget, poster (coordinate with graphic designer); registrations Deborah UNTIL DECEMBER 2020
Budget, receive registrations - Sharon:
Sponsors - Kay D, Lorelei
Type up exhibit cards Linda H: WE WILL NEED SOMEONE LOCAL TO HELP PRINT EXHIBIT CARDS
Hang Exhibit - Sharon, Dale, Suzanne, Lorelei:
- Workshop Committee:
Forms, flier, contract, assist with budget. Deborah Until DEC 2020
Budget, receive registrations Sharon:
Home host as needed. Donna:
NOTE: We are covered for workshops until November 2020 but could start planning ahead; instructors are booking for 2021.
- Website Admin – Sharri Williams; Sherese Mesko ShereseG@aol.com
♦ Facebook Admin – Sherese Mesko
“Art is not a matter of what you see, but what you make other people see.” Edgar Degas
PASTEL SOCIETY OF CENTRAL FLORIDA
General Membership Meeting Minutes for January 11, 2020
The January 11, 2020 membership meeting for PSCF was held at Leesburg Center for the Arts.
9:30 – 10:00 am – Meet and Greet
10:00 am – The meeting was called to order by President Deborah Shelley. She welcomed new members Carole Sheftic and Martie Ogborn, as well as guest Phyllis Speicher.
Treasurer’s Report – Treasurer Sharon Yutzy stated that it was a “positive treasury for the year”.
Secretary’s Report – The minutes of the December meeting were not emailed to the membership in advance of the meeting, due to computer issues. The minutes will be sent next month.
Vice-President’s Corner –VP Shari Williams asked the membership for news, awards, sales, etc. Shari also asked members to consider a membership to Leesburg Center for the Arts. Membership fee is $45, but well worth the cost.
Donna Tweedle, Lois Kamp and Sharon Repple were accepted into the WomanMade exhibition.
Helen Dobbins sold two paintings and won 3rd Place in Pastels in the MPSGS Miniature Show in Washington, DC.
Jan Vermilya sold her Second Place miniature at the MPSG International Exhibit. She also sold a piece at the Florida Artist Gallery.
Sharon Repple was juried into the 2019 Fall Online National Oil & Acrylic Society NOAPS exhibit. She won the Ampersand Award at the International Society of Acrylic Painters and received signature membership in ISAP. She has two paintings in the WomanMade exhibit. She and Lois Kamp will show at the “Word Play” exhibit at the SoBo Gallery in January, 2020.
Orit Reuben is a featured artist at Hope Barton Fine Arts Gallery and Studio. Sharon Repple taught a workshop there in December and was featured artist. Her work continues to hang at the Gallery.
Announcement and New Business:
1. Membership dues are due NOW!
2. Deborah Shelley stated that we need to move forward in securing sponsors for our upcoming 2020 exhibits. Dates for all exhibits are always posted on page two of the Agenda each month.
3. Helen Dobbins informed the membership that the Miniature Show at Dunedin Fine Arts will be held Jan. 19 – Feb. 9, 2020. Helen will demo on January 25, 26 and February 1 and 2.
4. Workshops – Marla Baggetta’s workshop is full, with a short waiting list. Christine Swann’s workshop in October will be priced at approximately $225 for two days, and $400 for four days.
5. The meeting program has changed for April, 2020, as Susan Jenkins is not available at this time. Deborah Shelley has agreed to demo and instruct an afternoon mini workshop in April, with the topic of portraiture. The workshop will be geared toward the beginning portrait painter. This would be a good workshop to attend if members want to enhance their skills in anticipation of Christine Swann’s fall workshop. Additional information and registration forms will be available next month.
“Painting a Still Life.” Members brought their pastels, paper and other supplies to painted from still life set ups, arranged by Donna Tweedle. It was a wonderful opportunity to catch up with fellow members. Approximately 15 members participated.
A board meeting was held at the conclusion of the membership meeting.
Submitted by Carol Bertino